Ranked #1 of all San Diego attractions on TripAdvisor.
It's the top rated San Diego attraction because the USS Midway Museum includes more than 60 exhibits and 29 beautifully restored jets, helicopters, and other aircrafts for you and the family to explore.
The USS Midway is a World War II era aircraft carrier that's been decommissioned and turned into a museum. The retired aircraft carrier served 47 years for the U.S. Navy and sits docked by the Navy Pier in San Diego, the location for the Pacific fleet of the US Navy.
The Hangar Deck & Aircraft Gallery - photo courtesy of Smart Destinations
Have your driver drop you at the entrance of this museum. You will immediately be transported to a different time in history. Start touring this massive ship, where you can take some unforgettable pictures, and get an idea of just how large the USS Midway is. Designed to hold thousands of people, as well as countless aircrafts, the USS Midway played a vital in the defense of our country.
The Flight Deck - photo courtesy of Smart Destinations
Once the largest ship in the world, the USS Midway dwarfs it's surroundings. You will easily get lost in this gigantic hunk of metal, as it was the first ship that was too big to fit through the Panama Canal. The USS Midway inspired other countries to utilize similar ships that carry aircraft, as well as a whole class of aircraft carrier that we still recognize today. With an impressive museum of it's history, where you can learn in-depth about the navy and the San Diego fleet.
What to Do There
- The Hangar Deck & Aircraft Gallery
- Flight Simulators
- The Flight Deck
- The Captain’s Bridge & Flight Control
- The Lower Decks
- The Battle of Midway Theater
The Lower Decks - photo courtesy of Smart Destinations
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- San Diego Harbor Cruises & Whale Watches
- New Children’s Museum
- Seaport Village
- The Fantail Café is located at the USS Midway.
- The museum has a food court, vending machines and a small refreshment stand.
- Anthony’s Fish Grotto located on the harbor and offers diners stunning views of the bay.
- The Fish Market is a quick stroll to the south serving seafood and sushi.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse is across Harbor Drive, is know for prime quality steaks.
Get USS Midway Museum Discount Tickets
Visit USS Midway Museum admission and select from the two money saving options that’s right for you:
1. All-Inclusive Pass – All you can do. Includes admission to dozens of attractions.
2. Build Your Own Pass – Select the attractions you want to visit prior to visiting.
Don't forget to book your transportation. Request to book transportation >